halloween

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day with my sweethearts








Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Hope yours was as wonderful as ours. We did most of our celebrating on Saturday. We went and got to have a date night, shout out to Mimi and Papa and Uncle Zachy for babysitting! We got some Subway for lunch and went to see a movie. On the way home we also went to the west side Walmart, BIG mistake. We always regret going there and afterwards we always want to move out of town immediatley! I swear, all the wierdos and crazies gather at that Walmart. Anyway, we made it back home safely. Here's some sweet pics of our Valentine's weekend together. These also include Kickboxer's gift to me for Valentine's, the movie Whip it and the most awesome kick butt Social Distortion shirt ever! But one of the best gifts I've ever gotten from Kickboxer was a little dance he arranged for us to one of my favorite songs. That's better than roses anyday! I love my hubbster! How great is it that I'm married to my best buddy.






























Here is my Valentine's from Bubba. So sweet! Daddy helped.











Here is Lilybug after getting attacked by the Valentine's Day monster!
















Earlier this week I made this black bean turkey chilli for dinner and the recipe called for jalepenos. Well I've never cooked with fresh jalepenos before or been around anyone that has. Let's just say no one has ever warned me about how to deal with jalepenos when preparing them for a recipe. So here I am happily preparing dinner for the hubbs, wearing no gloves my nose started to itch so naturally I scratched it. Five minutes later my nose started to tingle...ten minutes later my nose, inside and out, and my mouth were on fire! So I googled what to do to stop the burning. I had an instinct to use milk and I was right. So I stuck my nose and mouth in a bowl of milk and it seemed to help a little until I took them out. Well I read another tip to try to use shampoo because it will help remove the oils. That worked like a charm. I just had to keep scrubbing my hands every half hour. So the moral of this story is (for me anyway) to wear gloves when handling jalepenos!! Holy moly, what an adventure! Anyway, the chilli turned out delicous! And Kickboxer loved it and that's saying a lot! This was a healthy low sugar, low sodium, high protein, low fat yummy to the tummy chilli. I also made a side of baked whole grain torillas. The picture doesn't really do it justice so I didn't include it. Maybe later.

Well in Lilybug news, she has been crawling around like crazy and man is she fast. And she also has her two front top and bottom teeth in. As we mentioned in the last blog she is pulling herself up to stand. Here she is holding herself up on my step having a good time.


3 comments:

Yogurl and Manburger said...

As soon as you said you hadn't ever cooked with jalapenos, I knew what was coming. I have made the same mistake before, but I didn't know about the shampoo trick. Hopefully I won't ever have to use it.

Naomi and Family said...

Your family is so cute! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog, I found it off of katie's! I love the things you put in your daughter's hair! Especially, on Christmas! That was precious!!

oceanbaby&kickboxer said...

Naomi-I definatley don't mind! I look at your blog all the time..I also found it off of Katie's..I love it! You're family is so adorable! Lily just outgrew her little flapper beanie she wore for Christmas..guess that means I have to buy her more once again:)