halloween

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Placerita Canyon Park

It seems like I'm constantly begging to use our Saturdays to go to the beach or the mountains but last Saturday I got my wish. Kickboxer would love to take me everyday if we had the means to. We took a short drive to Placerita Canyon Park and had a great time going on a family hike. I had a trail in mind that I've been wanting to do that would have been a 6+ mile trek but Kickboxer talked me out of it because we had all three babies and we also weren't too sure if the new sunscreen we got was working well on the kiddos. Regardless, it was a rad day! The trail traverses the creek bed at several spots but unfortunately we didn't get enough rainfall this year and it was dried up. Still a beautiful hike though. I gotta say the best part of our hike was the two beautiful horses that came up behind us. We moved out of their way and sat on a bench so we could take in their beauty. The owner was so friendly and allowed us to pet them and say hello. Their names were Rocky and Willow. They were so sweet! Bubba immediately became buds with Rocky. Before our hike we went to the live animal presentation they held in the Nature Center. We got to see a lot of beautiful animals. One was a barn owl and she was quite special because unlike most owls she kept hinging back her head so she was looking upside down. After our hike we made a stop one of my favorite markets, Whole Foods. My only disappointment was that they didn't have my favorite coconuts ready to go with a straw :( Maybe next time. We did get to have some crazy good lunch and I found one of my favorite desserts on earth. Coconut and mango sorbet!!! I only wish I got enough to stock my freezer with but again till next time. Dan Dan seemed to love it too after the initial shock.



This next video is Kai and Bubba's hiking happy dance.



No comments: